Friday, February 15, 2008

It's been a year and we are healthy!! Praise God!

Parker's 3 month checkup with Dr. Reyes (respiratory doctor) was the day before the year anniversary (1/18). He was out of the office so we saw the PA. I was explaining the cough and congestion he had been having the past few weeks, not thinking it was a big concern (at least I didn't think it was). She prescribed for us to increase his breathing treatments to 3 X day for the next 3 days, a new decongestion med and then told us that if he wasn't better by Sunday to take him to the emergency room! My heart sank and Parker's little red flags were raised quickly! I think I was in shock so I didn't really question too much about what she said and I didn't want to upset Parker anymore so we took our prescriptions and left. They hadn't been able to review his chest Xray due to computer troubles so Monday morning I phoned their office to speak with the doctor about his Xray. He indicated that it showed improvement over the last. So I don't know where "go to the ER" came from. To put my mind at ease we followed up with a visit to the peditrician later in the week to check his oxygen level and it was great.

Parker has not missed any school this year (except for when he broke his arm) due to any illness! With all the "bugs" that are hitting hard around our area the Jenkins' family has escaped them (hope I haven't jinxed it now). We are so thankful!

It's Pinewood Derby time for his scout pack. So Parker & Dad are busy making their cars. Not for sure if Parker really gets to do much of the work but he has a say in the design! This year it will be a Sooner Schooner complete with Boomer & Sooner. So all you Sooner or Pinewood Derby fans check back the 1st of March and we will post pictures of his cars and maybe a trophy. The pressure is on because Parker has won 1st or 2nd place each year! I'm thinking Boomer & Sooner might slow them down this year.

Happy Valentines to all and blessings to you & your families.......Love, Kay

No comments: