Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Week 8 Update

As I write this update today, this past week has been a time of deep reflection on the past year and half of our lives. This week was the anniversary of my father's tragic accident that took his life, our daughter having a wreck and injured which required her first surgery, and the past 8 weeks with Parker's illness. If I hadn't lived it myself I would probably wonder how anyone could possibly get through it. But since it has been my life I can honestly say that my faith has kept me strong. God has a plan and we may not always know what it is but he will guide us through these difficult times.

I received an email today that said "Wrap your loved ones in God's Word!"
These words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children... You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6:6-9 NKJV That our homes should be a meaningful, enriching haven surrounded by blessings and inspiration from Scripture! As I reflect back to last year the one thing that was put in the ambulance with my Father was his Bible, my Father took his Bible with him everyday! This is what my parents and grandparents have given me they wrapped me in God's Word and that has been my foundation.

The overwhelming support, prayers and love that has been extended to our family during the past weeks has been a strength to see us through. Another layer of being wrapped in God's love!

Please keep Wendi (our "blog keeper") and her family in your prayers as her grandmother passed away yesterday, her Aunt lost her mother-in-law the day before and another Aunt lost her father-in-law today (both Aunts are daughters of the grandmother).

Therefore, Parker's blog will not be updated until next week. He continues to improve and is getting stronger each day. I take him back to the respiratory doctor on the 21st so we will give an update after the appointment.

Love, Kay

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendi our hearts are with you & your family!
The Reed's

Anonymous said...

Kay stay strong. You have been through so much. I'm so glad Parker is getting stronger. I've been trying to send you a comment but kept choosing the identify of other instead of anonymous. I'm not up on this blogging. Parker is in our prayers. I hope you are having a nice spring break.
Karen Harper

Anonymous said...

Karen, In case you check back on the comments, it was great to hear from you! Kalyn showed me Cassie's pics and she is beautiful. Looks a lot like you!
Call us again...K