Yesterday afternoon Parker started having a rough time battling upset stomach and fever. Could be a result of surgery, I know that sometimes the day after can be rough. Needless to say, we had a rough night. We think the upset stomach is gone and that it is just the ventilator tube agitating him now. Early this morning he was trying to communicate with us and the nurse gave him a marker & paper to see if he could write down what he needed. He wrote the letter "w" and the nurse asked him if he wanted water and that was it. Unfortunately, he can't have water but they moistened his mouth with a cloth. Fever was down when I left this morning so we pray this continues for the day.
As I'm sending this update to our blog keeper, Wendi, I am actually going to try get some sleep in my own bed. So Dad is on deck at the hospital this morning. Thanks to all of you for support and prayers! Love, Kay
GOD IS GOOD!
ADDED @ 2pm CST
The doctor indicated that will be taking him off sedation and weaning him off the ventilator. That is crucial at this point that we get him awake and off. They are still encouraged by the results of the surgery from what they are seeing on the Xray today. So it is important that we keep him calm. Robert said that Parker has been asleep the whole time I've been gone. I think he wore himself out too! Love, Kay
Saturday, February 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jesus, our Living Water, ease Parker's thirst with springs of fresh healing and sustenance. Lord, cleanse and sweeten the springs of Parker's being, and allow your goodness and love to flow in abundance. Restore and renew Kay and Robert's worried and tired hearts and bring new and blessed hope for Parker's wholeness. We pray these things in your precious name
AMEN
Post a Comment