Sunday, February 25, 2007

Day 39, 2-25-7

It is great to be home and settling into a routine. Parker has slept good the past 2 nights about 14 hours each night. Looking better each day. He actually had an appetite last night so hopefully that will continue because nutrition is vital to his recovery. We have his medicine schedule on 12 & 6 so that I don't have to get up in the middle of the night. I was a little nervous about me giving the meds in his pic line but after a crash course from home health it has been ok. Probably watching the nurses for 5 weeks helped prepare me!

What timing that was to go home on the day that Channel 5 was airing their "Save a Life" campaign and Parker's story! And the big surprise of them filming Parker's going home from the hospital. It made the end to a lengthy hospital stay fun and exciting for Parker!

It has been great to see where all the comments and prayers are coming from. Parker's special spirit has touched a lot of people. Parker's Cubmaster wrote this to our dear friend and "Blog master", Wendi, "It goes to show that the strength of God’s family will persevere through the toughest of times, and the healing presence of the Holy Spirit has been with Parker and his family. I firmly believe God’s will is for Parker to achieve great things, and I firmly believe he will!"

Ok, I was just informed by the patient, Parker, that it is 2:00 which is time for medicine. You know that he is feeling better if he keeping us on schedule!
Love to all, Kay




Parker's Butterfly/4 year old teacher at Warm World uses her plate to remember to pray for Parker daily. Kay painted the plate of Mrs. Les and her students in 2001! What a special way to remember to pray for Parker! Thanks, Mrs. Les!

Mrs. Les wrote...
"Who knew at that time in 2001 that my gift plate would affirm God’s power and healing through prayer, and be a reminder for us to keep on praying? God works in wondrous ways. "



Do you have a special Parker story, picture &/or experience you want to share on the blog?
If so email the info to shawentim@yahoo.com .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Parker, we are so happy you are getting better and better each day. Keep up the good work.

Kalyn, you are a blessing to Parker and your parents...a lovely young lady.

We remember all of you in our prayers. God is good---all the time!

Blessings, Eli and Freida

Anonymous said...

Hey Parker.....must be nice to be sleeping in your own comfortable bed!! I check in regularly to see how you are doing.....and I smile every time.

Very cool to see the pictures of your pets. I have a crazy Springer Spaniel named Abby.

A Canadian Friend, Shellrest for your family in gener

PS....I continue to pray for ongoing recovery for you.

Anonymous said...

Hm, that messed up on me. It should say.......

A Canadian Friend, Shell

PS....I continue to pray for ongoing recovery for you.