Sunday, February 4, 2007

Day 19, 2-5-07

Parker had a restful weekend. He went 12 hours with only a low grade fever and then it spiked yesterday evening for a while. This morning it was back under 100. They lowered the pressures on his ventilator some because he is doing more on his own. At this writing they have not started reducing the sedation meds. The doctor has been busy this morning on another case so we haven't been able to talk to him to see what our plan for the next couple of days is. We will update later when we get a report for the doctor.
Love, Kay

UPDATE* The IDD (Infectious Disease Doctor) said the fever may be a drug related fever. So they are switching Parker's antibiotics. The IDD prefers the current antibiotic but feels the switch will help take care of the fever.


Someone left this prayer as a comment on the blog.
I thought it was AMAZING and everyone should read it.
Thank you, whoever you are for writing this...

Jesus, our Living Water, ease Parker's thirst with springs of fresh healing and sustenance. Lord, cleanse and sweeten the springs of Parker's being, and allow your goodness and love to flow in abundance. Restore and renew Kay and Robert's worried and tired hearts and bring new and blessed hope for Parker's wholeness. We pray these things in your precious name.
AMEN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kay and Robert,

You'll and Parker are having quite a time. I am so sorry. Mother has been admitted Mercy for stroke like symptons. No stroke tho. I have been staying with her at the hospital. She is going into the rehab unit at Mercy today. She is slowly getting better but she is improving everyday. Thanks God. I am back at work and glad to read about Parker. I will not be coming to see you because I am getting over pneumonia. It sounds like you have plenty of guests.

Love and prayers,

Nancy Fouts

Anonymous said...

Kay,

I was so devistated that I was not there for you during Parker's surgery on Thursday. I was in a class at the INTEGRIS Southwest conference. Stacey kept me posted all day. I was so thankful that she was there. I thought of you and prayed so hard for Parker the whole time he was in surgery. I couldn't wait to come and see him (and you) today and before I knew it, it was 6:00pm and thought I better get home to the family. I will come up tomorrow - I promise! Love, Michelle (Knight) :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh how we all are praying for you! Prayers for your strength, prayers for the doctors to do their very best every minute, and of course prayers for God to be with Parker.

I have tried to send a couple of cards through the Baptist website, but I don't think it has worked. I'm not computer savvy enough to make it work! Each of the cards have said that the boys and I have missed your face in line at school. I miss waving to you!

Take care of your family and yourself. May God be with you all

- MJ Means