Wednesday, February 28, 2007

2-28-7

Parker had his appointment with the pulmonologist. They did a chest Xray and his lungs are still very abnormal which we expected. It will probably be months before we start seeing good chest Xrays. He is still improving so that is important. They ran several other tests today and one was for cystic fibrosis. My heart sank immediately! Not knowing much about this disease I wondered if you could get it from having an illness. It was only as a precautionary measure because some people don't find out until later in life that they have it. Parker was normal!

He is still on oxygen and will go to oral antibiotics tomorrow. They are removing the pic line from his arm this evening after our last dose of antibiotics ordered by the IDD doctor.

Parker received a book about Canada today and an awesome card from Shell (in Canada).
We only know of her through the blog.
It's such a great card we had to share it with you too!

CARD:
Jesus loves you this I know!
I pray that the Lord will heal your toe,
your head, your kidneys and your spleen,
and all the places in between !!!
(Inside) Get well soon...
or I'll make up another song!


A merry heart does good, like medicine. Proverbs 17:22 NKJV

Thank you so much.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that card

Anonymous said...

YAY, I am glad he got it. I went to the post office today because I forgot to put a customs notice on it....they said he probably wouldn't get it, that it would come back to me.

I hope that you like the book Parker...just thought it would help you pass a bit of time while you are at home recovering.

Anonymous said...

P.S. The card made me smile too.

Shell

Anonymous said...

Shell, It had a customs sticker on the package -- so somebody must of made sure that it would go through. Thanks, Kay

Anonymous said...

Kay,

Did you see Dr. Reyes? We see him often.

Olivia's Mom

Anonymous said...

Yes, we are seeing Dr. Reyes. Several of our friends that are doctors had told us he was one of the best. Today when we went to take our chest Xray the lady at Radiology Assoc said he was great! So I think we are in good hands!

Tell Olivia thank you for the cute card. It put a big smile on his face. When he is able to get out we will have to get them together and maybe they can compare notes!!

Anonymous said...

Howdy Jenkins family!! We are soooo glad to see Parker up and about and feeling better! I can't wait to hear that contagious laff, see that amazing smile and get my awesome Parker hugs!!!!

I wanted to let ya'll know that my 2 month old great-neice is up on 10west at Baptist. They all remember Parker and asked us how he was doing! They are all incredible people on 10 west!

We also wanted to let you know...we've been praying for you ALL! I've also had my whole church, my mom's office staff, and Shelby's school mates praying!
Parker is a true example of God's healing grace and answers to prayers!
Love you ALL!!!
Marci & Shelby

Anonymous said...

Parker! I love to read about your continuous improvements! It was wonderful to see you I pray for you and your wonderful family every day. Pete and I look forward to seeing your smiling face again soon!
Amy and Pete