They started reducing Parker's sedation medications on Monday afternoon. They are giving him meds to help with this process. It was so good to see him smile and laugh (as well as he could with a tube in his mouth)! He doesn't have to be suctioned out as often which is a good sign.
Yesterday I was riding in an elevator with a woman and her friends. When her friends got off she looked at me and said it is so great to have friends. Amen! I know that we could have never made it through this without the abundance of support and love we have received from friends and family!
I think I'm like the resident "floor Mom" of the PICU unit since we have been here so long! Not a title I would have ever wanted but it has been quite a learning experience. The staff of the PICU are so awesome! They not only have given Parker the best care but they have become friends and give us a lot of comfort during this time. I have great respect for these workers who can work with critically ill babies and children. It breaks my heart with each new story or family I meet that a child is suffering. The pain and heavy hearts you see on their parents faces and I wonder if my pain shows also. I've seen a lot of families make it out of the unit and on the road to recovery. WE WILL BE NEXT!!
Our God is an AWESOME God!
Love, Kay
Let's send Parker LOTS of cards as he is "coming to"
https://www.integris-health.com/INTEGRIS/en-US/Locations/okcNorth/BMC-okc/GetWellandEcards/IBMCEcard.htm
tip: you can't put "&" in the signature line, use "and" instead.
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kay, your faith is an inspiration!
Jenkins family and Parker,
I just wanted you guys to know that you have been in my prayers every day for the last several days. I have been reading th updated blog every day and am just thrilled that things are getting better. Parker, I have not had the chance to come to Oklahoma and see you yet but I am very proud of you and want you to know how many people out here are behind you and admire your nonstop positive and spirited attitude. You keep hangin in there buddy and i'm lookin forward to seeing you real soon. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys.
Sincerley, Jake W.
Post a Comment