Thursday, February 15, 2007

Day 29, 2-15-7

4 WEEKS!
Hard to believe that it has been 4 weeks in PICU for us.
There is word this morning that we may be moving to a regular room today (blog will be updated later if we move). I'm glad we are moving because it means he is improving but we will be moving to a busy floor so that brings all new concerns.
As a Mom I would like to keep him in a bubble to protect him from anything else!
The CT scan yesterday showed signs of improvement but also showed scarring in his lungs from the illness. Parker can recover from this but it won't be a few weeks it will be months.
We will be talking with a pulmonologist in the next few days to get a plan of action for his recovery. He will have to be on antibiotics and oxygen when we go home.
Love, Kay


from the comments...
Shell said...
I don't know Parker, I have only "met" him through this blog. I have added my prayers to those of many others for his recovery. I live thousands of miles away in a different country but one can feel the love and joy that Parker inspires in others.I am a nurse and I know the challenges that Parker and his family have faced, yet never do I get the feeling that their faith has wavered or that they have asked God "Why". You have all inspired me.....and I continue to pray for Parker's healing and recovery.

WOW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kay: Don't hesitate to contact Dan in Ft. Worth regarding his care on the Pediatric floor. Glad he is improving, bless his heart, he has had a time of it. Barb