Parker continues to do well on the lower setting of his ventilator. The doctor wants to give him time to get stronger at his breathing so it might be Friday or the weekend before they remove the ventilator. I want this to be as smooth a transition for him so we will have patience and wait.
He will be receiving a blood transfusion this morning as his counts are low. Fever is still present so they are removing another antibiotic and he is still battling an upset stomach.
I spent the afternoon yesterday moving his things (over 200 cards!!) to his new room. I don't think I sat down all afternoon so it felt good to be up doing something. Now when he is awake he can see all of his cards depending on which way they turn him. They fill almost every inch of blank wall space there was in the room. We actually have room to put more up! They had offered me space in their pediatric storage room, I don't think they thought I could get it all in his room.
Your prayers and support are greatly appreciated.
Love, Kay
Thursday, February 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just wanted you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Dr. Jackson keeps us updated on Parker and his recovery. We are glad to hear that he is doing better!!!! We look forward to hearing more GOOD news!!!
-Dr Jackson's Nurses at GPPAC
Kristi, Hope, Tammy, and Sandy-
Happy Birthday Robert!! What a cute picture on the bog.
Post a Comment