Saturday, February 17, 2007

Day 31, 2-17-7

Parker had a very special visitor yesterday, Rick Mitchell! And Chris Lee was there filming. Parker follows Chris during storm season because he is out chasing the storms. He had a smile on his face the entire time!
Rick and Channel 5 next Friday (2/23) at 5:00 pm will be doing a segment on Believe in Oklahoma about the Oklahoma Blood Institute and the importance of donating blood and credit donations to save lives. Part of his visit with Parker and Parker's interest in Rick will be part of the story. So don't forget to watch to see our guy, Parker!

Now for the update.
He is still progressing just fine. Thought we had a little scare during the night the nurse came in and said his levels were too low and we need to get him coughing to improve his breathing. After several minutes and trying different things we decided to change his finger monitor (whatever it is called) to see if that was the problem. Just as the nurse was changing it I got a good look at his face and noticed that his oxygen tube was on his cheek not in his nose! Next time I will check the tube first! Needless to say, we slept in a little this morning.

Next week sometime we should have a plan for the next steps that we need to take. Whether that means we can come straight home or we will have to go to rehab for a little while. The pulmonologist wants to do a CT scan middle of the week to see how we are progressing.

Thanks for all you support and prayers. Love, Kay

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Cool! What a neet visitor to have. I know that Parker really enjoyed that! You are still in our prayers. Hang there.
Love, the Hixsons

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a COOL weather man. We used to watch another channel for our news. But now that we know what a nice Christian man Rick Mitchell is our TV will be tuned to channel 5. PLUS he's a fellow member of the Parker Fan Club! You can't beat that!

Anonymous said...

Dear Parker,
This is your friend Anna. From Miss Lawson's class last year. I'm so glad you are doing better. Thats really cool that you got to meet him. I hope you can get out of that place soon. Its no fun. I'm praying for you always. Get well very soon.
You're Friend,
Anna

Anonymous said...

Remember the song we sing at church, Parker?
Your special visitor reminded me of that song......

Whether it rains, whether it pours
Wherever I go, I will trust in you
In the light of day, and in the dark of night
I will trust you, Lord, with all my might

For my hope is in you, Lord,
For my hope is in you, Lord
For my hope is in you, Lord
For my hope is in you, Lord

Whether it rains, whether it pours
Wherever I go, I will trust in you
In the light of day, and in the dark of night
I will trust you, Lord, with all my might