We are weaning him off his medicines which we were told he might have some withdrawal symptoms. He is showing a few signs of withdrawal but it is not bad. Just needs Mom to hold him and then we are good! We pray that this is the worst it will be.
You can tell he is getting better, he is back doing the weather and newscast (from the rocking chair though). His lungs must be getting stronger because he can talk longer now.
Parker has an appointment tomorrow with the respiratory doctor so we will give an update after that on his progress.
Love, Kay
Here are some pictures of Parker with Dr. Griggs
(everyone's favorite 'Grey's Anatomy' look-a-like)
and some of Parker's favorite nurses.
Everyone below is from PICU where Parker spent most of his days.
Thanks for taking such great care of Parker!
If you have pictures of you and Parker to share email them to
shawentim@yahoo.com
How to help the family...
KEEP PRAYING,
For Parker to improve daily.
For Parker's lungs to NOT be permanently damamged.
For the transition of being home to continue smoothly.
Want to help the family by providing a meal?
shawentim@yahoo.com
What to help financially?
go by any Bank of Oklahoma and ask for the $ to go to
Parker Jenkins Donation Fund
2 comments:
Parker so glad you are home!!! I came to see you and your Mom a few weeks ago and it is wonderful to see you looking much better. You and I share being on a ventilator for a long time. It happened to me many years ago and I bet just like I was you are happy to be done with that. Stay strong, get better and then bring your Mom down to Dallas for a visit. Love, Julie
Hi Parker - Although we have never met, you have impacted my life! I am a part of your faith family and sit across the way from your family on Sunday mornings. You captured my heart when you directed the choir, and from that day, I have prayed for you!
I am so sorry you have been ill, but you will NEVER know what an impact you have had on countless others - me included. Your spirit is inspirational. Thank you for that. Thank you for trusting the Lord with all of your heart. He will NEVER forsake you, nor leave you!
I can't wait until I see you in church and can meet you in person and give you a great big hug. Until then, Parker, please take care of your precious self and just know that YOU ARE SPECIAL, AND YOU ARE LOVED!!
Melissa Marshall
Post a Comment