Monday, February 12, 2007

Day 26, 2-12-07

Parker had a rough night on Saturday
so Sunday morning they increased his
oxygen level (he just has a tube at his nose).
Saturday morning they had lowered it
to a very low setting which might have
been a little ambitious considering how
damaged his lungs are. He had a great
day on Sunday. We sat him up in a chair
twice during the day and kept him
upright in his bed for about 4 or 5 hours.
Wore him out so he took a very good
nap in the afternoon (so did I)!
No fever all night long!
We pray that this continues.
Love, Kay

As of this afternoon Parker does have
a bit of a fever. But he's looking good.
He smiled with me and talked with me.
He was watching "Danger Mouse" on DVD
from his chair. Then he wanted back in bed.
After watching the whole "back to bed"
ordeal I learned that Kay knows
TOO much. She knows which tubes to unplug,
how to unplug and plug them back. When "tips"
need to be changed and where to find them.
She should be a nurse!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Parker,
I'm not too sure I am doing the "blog" correctly, so I hope you get this! Wow! We are so happy to hear that you are doing well. Judy (my sister) has kept me informed of your progress and I am soooo proud of you! Please keep up the good work and I will look forward to seeing you when I travel from Dallas to OKC. Your Texas friends are thinking of you! Beverly & Danny Widner

Anonymous said...

Breathe on me, Breath of God
Love and life that makes me free
Breathe on me, Breath of God
Fan the flame within me

Teach my heart, and heal my soul
Speak the mind that in Christ we know
Take me to Your sanctuary
Breathe on me

Speak to me, voice of God
Soft and still inside my heart
Speak to me, Word of God
Comfort, heal, restore with love

Anonymous said...

If Parker has needed blood, I want you to know that I credited my last donation to him on Feb. 1. Best wishes.