Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Day 28, VALENTINE'S DAY

Parker sat up in a chair twice and we managed to keep him awake more during the day. They are adjusting some of his meds to see if we can't keep him awake longer during the day. He ate a little breakfast and dinner, couldn't keep him awake to eat lunch. Parker got a Sonic slush last night, his favorite drink!

They are talking about steps we will need to take to go home. "Home" a great word to hear. A line was put in so that he can receive antibiotics when we go home. Today on the agenda is a CAT or CT scan, whichever it is called. They are wanting to make sure there are no pockets around the right lung still that could be causing his fever. It is comforting to know that they are checking everything to insure that we get to the source of any new or existing problem so that we can get him well and keep him that way!

Happy Valentines Day to all! You are truly loved by the Jenkins family. Love, Kay

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day Parker!! Take good care of yourself so you can root on the Sooners' basketball teams hopefully all the way to the NCAA tourneys! Can't wait to get a phone call from you when you're back at home! Rest up, and get to feelin' better and better everyday!

Kelly O'

Anonymous said...

I read Parker's blog everyday and can practically hear the hope in each word. I am so glad he is getting better. Someone told me that a fever is the body's way of warding off the infection. So if its not too high, it may be a good thing. He looks good in his picture. I bet ya'll are all anxious to get home. I have you in my prayers everyday and give Tom & Quinton an update on Parker's condition.
Take care
Rowena (Quinton's mom)

Anonymous said...

We've got a bunch of Valentine's from your classmates headed your way this afternoon Parker--see you soon!
The Reed's

Anonymous said...

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, PARKER!!!! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO WE!!!!!
Jeremy and Les

Anonymous said...

I don't know Parker, I have only "met" him through this blog. I have added my prayers to those of many others for his recovery. I live thousands of miles away in a different country but one can feel the love and joy that Parker inspires in others.

I am a nurse and I know the challenges that Parker and his family have faced, yet never do I get the feeling that their faith has wavered or that they have asked God "Why". You have all inspired me.....and I continue to pray for Parkers healing and recovery.

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day Jenkins'! I'm so excited to hear that Parker is healing. Hooray for answered prayers. Still sending prayers and hugs your way! <3
Love, Carrie Helm

Anonymous said...

...and you are loved by us. My Group of sixth grade girls all prayed for Parker tonight. They have fallen in love with him! May blessings continue to fall upon your sweet boy.
xxoothewellfares

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Parker! I miss you very much and hope to see you soon. Please keep your wonderful attitude and keep doing what mom and dad and the doctors and nurses say to do, and you'll be well and strong in no time! Much love,

Mrs. Laura